Trees are valuable! We want to grow our City’s tree canopy.
City/Public trees will only be removed if they are:
- Considered dangerous
- Crab-apple trees, which are considered a nuisance species under Hamilton’s Public Tree By-law No. 15-125
The following are not considered valid reasons for tree removal requests:
- Tree is messy because of fruit or seeds production
- Leaves clogging eaves troughs
- Homeowner does not want to rake leaves
Report an issue with a City tree
Call 905-546-2489 to report a problem with a City tree.
Problems to report include:
- Branches hanging down or touching hydro lines
- Trees damaged or fallen down
- Trees appearing dead or diseased
- A tree growing so big that is it damaging property
- Trees with bee or wasp nests
- Trees with a swing hanging from its branches
- Tree roots above the grass
Once a report is filed, a forestry investigator will be assigned to:
- Determine the priority of the tree
- Schedule the tree for trimming or removal
Read more about the Value of Trees here.
If tree protection or removal is proposed due to construction related activities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org