The City of Hamilton Street Tree program offers FREE trees for homeowners in Hamilton. This program is a great way to have a tree planted in the City-owned portion of your property.
Have Questions? Visit our FAQ page.
The Benefits Of Trees
The benefits of trees are important to achieve Hamilton’s objective of a cleaner, greener environment. Some of the benefits of the Tree Planting Program include:
- Improved air quality
- Reduced emissions
- Reduced ‘Urban Heat Island’ effect
- Reduced smog
- Increased storm water control
- Reduced greenhouse gas
- Absorption and reduction of breathable particulates
- Noise abatement
- Improved health of citizens
- Beautified neighbourhoods
- Increased property value