When first planted, we water, mulch and put a protective collar around the trunk of your tree. After installation of the tree is complete, caring is your job.
Here is how you can care for you tree and keep it healthy:
- Water your tree weekly for the first year from late spring to early fall.
- If it hasn’t rained much, water your tree every couple of days.
- Check soil around the base of your tree to make sure it is moist, not drenched or muddy.
- Don’t fertilize your tree for the first two years.
Protect your new tree from lawn mowers, trimmers, bicycles and cars.
- Keep weed killers away from your tree.
- Keep wood chips and or mulch around the base of your tree to keep it moist and prevent weeds.